Client Alert #14: 10.5.7 Update
Many of you have called and written asking is it’s OK to apply the 10.5.7 update that Apple released on Wednesday. Having waited a few days to gauge tester’s experiences with it, the short answer is that it appears that it’s a solid update for most users in most configurations. A few caveats though:
Before applying this or any update, verify that you:
- 1. Have a recent, good backup of your system and data,
- 2. Have run Repair Disk Permissions,
- 3. Have at least 25% of your boot hard drive available as free space,
- 4. Have disconnected any unnecessary external peripherals such as hard drives, printers, etc.
- 5. Your system is connected to a solid power source,
- 6. Your system is in good working order.
This is a huge download; the delta update (from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7) is 442MB. The Combo Update is a whopping 729MB (the largest software update we’ve ever seen).
If you have any questions before applying this update, or issues after applying this update contact either Brendon or I.